There are so many video resources in a lot of formats at this point, and you have to convert these to some certain format to be able to play them on some certain device. You have to pick a video converter first. Since most video converters are similar at the first look and those applications usually have a great deal functions and features in common, it is sometimes complicated to make a decision. In fact, there is certainly never your best option but there is always the most appropriate one to meet your needs.
Here we list 5 essential highlights of video converter software according to most users’ needs and you might wish to have a peek when you are searching for a video converter.
1) Support almost all input and popular output video formats – The first thing you need to find out is if the video converter supports the input formats that you are currently converting from and the output formats that you will be converting to. The supported input formats should contain almost all video formats whilst the supported output formats should include almost all of Convert Your Videos Here. For example, Sothink Free Video Converter supports AVI (DivX, XivD), MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, TS, FLV, SWF, ASF, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, VOB (VCD), and DV. That will probably be enough.
Most video converters also support audio, and usually the formats ought to be MP3, WMA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, MKA, FLAC, WAV, AIF, and AU.
What’s more, because the high definition video came, the video converter had better support H.264 HD video conversion, too.
2) Support popular multimedia devices – To actually and perfectly play videos on some multimedia devices, especially HD devices, you have to convert video to correct format and appropriate dimension, zoom mode, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, and so on. It does not be essential to know those professional details when you purchase some video converter that automatically set all related properties to find the best and directly convert video in your desired target device. Just check out whether the video convert software supports iPad, iPod, iPod Touch, iPhone, iPhone 4, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360 Console, Zune, Wii, Blackberry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Google Android, Nexus One, Samsung, Motorola, etc.
3) Support trimming video to clip – Since you convert files from some source video or audio, you can definitely trim the files towards the part you really want. Many video convert tools support trimming video towards the desired clip and a number of them even support cropping. Whether it is possible to trim is also important. Directly setting the beginning some time and end time of the trimmed clip is going to be great.
4) Support batch conversion and convert fast – Those are time-saving features that will be handy when you have many video files, especially big files, to transform. You can easily find out whether the video converter supports batch conversion. However, what about converting speed? Check that whether the converter supports multi-CPUs and multiple threads. When it does, it probably converts fast. And Sothink Free Video Converter even supports automatically shut down, sleep and hibernate when video conversion task dcouwr finished. It really is another great feature time-saving.
5) Easy to use – A number of the video convert items are of wizard interface and some offer Microsoft Office style. No matter what the software program is, it should be simple to use and user-friendly. That is certainly to state, the video converter you choose should make you only need to click rather than to type. Not to mention thinking or doubt. All converting configuration had better be automatically set and you never have to know the details.
What’s more – In addition there are many other features that you might consider when you are searching for in a video converter, as an example, in a position to preview, support image output, etc.